Friday, March 28, 2008

1978: Siouxsie And The Banshees "Hong Kong Garden"


  • The 18th of August, 1978, Siouxsie and The Banshees relased their debut 45'.

  • I had bought "Hong Kong Garden" on its release, an oriental post-punk assault of the dance floor. One of the pogo-ing staples of the time. My girlfriend way back then thought she was Siouxsie Sioux (unfortunately not as attractive, and I was no Budgie).


  • Still holds a hypnotic sway over me. A brillant debut from a band, who was never less than interesting and often a whole lot more than that! Though they were lumped in with the punk movement they were from the beginning so much more than that. As this single amply proves.



Music-Video

1 comment:

Juha said...

Nice, very nice...I remember Hong Kong Garden very well...Thanks for sharing - too bad that most people have forgotten this band